Both delegates and observers are invited to attend delegate sessions on Friday and Saturday. Packets and sign-in sheets for registered and paid delegates will be placed on the numbered tables. All others can register and pick up packets from the registration table in the Fellowship Hall.
Regina Brubaker has organized a children’s ministry team; please see schedule on the registration table. Because of severe allergies, please do not bring nuts into the children’s area (D-wing).
Visit displays in the Welcome Center and adjacent spaces to meet agency representatives and learn more about their ministries.
Listening Committee members
The Listening Committee (James Åkerson, Maren Tyedemers Hange, Leroy Kauffman, Lee Martin, and Lyubov Slashcheva) are identifiable by the yellow circle on their name tags, and available to receive comments from participants, note overall impressions, and listen for the Holy Spirit’s moving among us. They will meet Friday evening and report Saturday morning.
Caterers from VMRC will serve all meals except the Mennonite Women’s Breakfast in the Fellowship Hall. (The MWV Breakfast will be served in the annex, to the left and just outside the serving line.) The required meal tickets are in the packets of those pre-registered. For your convenience, there is a list of area restaurants below.
Please notify the staff at the registration desk or the tellers if you need medical assistance. Three urgent care centers are nearby:
- Valley Urgent Care (119B University Blvd)
- Emergicare (755A MLK Jr. Way)
- Med Express (1840 E Market St.)
- Sentara RMH Medical Center (hospital with ER) (2010 Health Campus Dr.)
Gifts given during worship services will be applied first toward Assembly expenses. Proceeds beyond that will be divided equally between Virginia Mennonite Conference and Virginia Mennonite Missions for operating costs. We appreciate your generous donations.
All dinnerware is recyclable and will be picked up by VMRC’s providers. Recycling bins for other recyclables will be available.
Registration is in the Welcome Center. Hours are: Thursday—5:00-6:30 pm; Friday—8:00-8:30 am, 4:45-5:00 pm
Some report books are available for those who did not register; please see the receptionist desk for more information.
- A Bowl of Good, a selection of wraps, sandwiches and soups using mostly local produce. 831 Mt Clinton Pike, next to Gift & Thrift & Artisan’s Hope
- Applebees, 860 E Market St (Rt 33 E)
- Bob Evans, 196 Burgess Rd (Rt 33 E)
- China Jade, Rt 33 E in Kroger Plaza
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 1615 Reservoir St
- Cracker Barrel, 121 Pleasant Valley Road (Rt 11 South)
- Dairy Queen, Rt 42 in Harmony Square (north of EMU)
- El Charro, Mexican. Two locations: 1570 E Market St (Rt 33 E), 300 N Main St, Bridgewater
- Fox’s Pizza, corner of Mt. Clinton Pike & Virginia Ave, also has subs/salad bar
- Greenberrys Coffee Co., coffee and sandwiches, 400 S High St (Rt 42)
- IHOP, all day breakfasts. 109 University Blvd. (Rt 33 East)
- Francesco’s, Italian. Two locations: 1751 Virginia Ave (Harmony Square), 101 N Main St, Bridgewater
- Little Grill Collective, 621 N Main, a worker-owned restaurant serving a variety of healthy entrees and daily plate options
- Mr. J’s Bagels, fresh bagels made daily, breakfasts, sandwiches. Two locations: South 42 in Rockingham Square shopping center, Rt 42 in Harmony Square
- O’Charley’s, Irish-pub style, 101 Burgess Rd (Rt 33 E)
- Outback Steakhouse, 261 University Blvd (Rt 33 E)
- Red Lobster, 2121 E Market St (Rt. 33 E)
- Subway, Rt 42 in Harmony Square
- Taste of Thai, a local favorite, 917 S High St (Rt 42)
- Traditions, home-style buffet, corner of Mt. Clinton Pike & Virginia Ave
- Wood Grill, buffet with many choices, 1711 Reservoir St
Located in the B and E wings. To reach B-wing, go right from the Welcome Center, or go right while facing the rear of the Sanctuary. To reach E-wing, use the hallway off the Fellowship Hall closest to the kitchen/serving line, or go right while facing the front of the sanctuary.
Worship service live streaming
Worship services will be recorded by radio station WBTX and broadcast the following evenings at 7 p.m. They will also be streamed live on Harrisonburg Mennonite Church’s website. (“Click here to stream a service”)