Virginia Mennonite Conference equips pastors, lay leaders, and congregants for worship and service, and to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to neighbors near and far.
God calls us to be followers of Jesus Christ and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to grow as communities of grace, joy and peace, so that God's healing and hope flow through us to the world.
Community Statement of Faith
May we be faithful to Jesus and to VMC’s Vision Statement: God calls us to be followers of Jesus Christ and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to grow as communities of grace, joy, and peace so that God’s healing and hope flow through us to the world.
As an Anabaptist community, we commit to one another with Jesus at the center of our lives, giving witness to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and making every effort to maintain the unity God has given us while seeking to trust each other as we minister in our local contexts.
We pledge to support and work together through these commitments:
- We will do our best to practice mutual trust and respect in thought, word and deed, giving each other the benefit of the doubt when we perceive there to be We will move toward conflict with curiosity, expecting the Holy Spirit to illumine us.
- We will seek to draw from each other's strengths and support each other as we grow together, seeking to publicly and privately support and honor each other.
- We will seek to be in touch with our own feelings and to express them clearly and appropriately, while recognizing the validity of each other's feelings and
- We will attempt to clearly communicate our own needs and expectations and listen carefully to each other with ears, mind, and heart before speaking critically to an (James 1:19)
- We will do our best to provide a safe and brave place to express differing opinions and ideas, and make space for everyone to contribute. (Ephesians 4:15)
- We will seek to represent the love, grace, and reconciliation of Jesus Christ in all we do.
Passed by delegates 2023 Summer Assembly