The Faith and Life Commission’s primary duties, as defined in the VMC Bylaws, are to provide leadership for spiritual, doctrinal, and faith and life issues; exercise oversight for ministerial leadership credentials; and establish guidelines for ministerial categories, qualifications, and appointments.
The duties of the Faith and Life Commission of Virginia Mennonite Conference are:
- Provide leadership for Conference in spiritual, doctrinal, and faith and life issues
- Be a forum for leaders as they process concerns relating to congregational life and leadership
- Promote unity of faith and practice
- Issue ministry credentials
- Provide professional development, fellowship and inspiration for pastors