Pleasant View’s June 50th Anniversary Activity: 50 Miles for 50 Years
by Pamela L. Miller
Development Director, Pleasant View, Inc.
Join Pleasant View, Inc. in the month of June for Pleasant View’s 50 Miles for 50 years activities.
Pleasant View’s 50th Anniversary Committee invites individuals we support, staff members, friends, family and community members to participate in our June 50th Anniversary Activity: 50 Miles for 50 Years. Help us keep the 50th Anniversary celebration going this month by participating in some of the meet-up opportunities to walk in beautiful accessible locations or other enjoyable locations you choose on your own. Participation requires no fee, but donations are welcome. You can join as a team of 4 to 6 people. We ask that at least 4 team members be consistent. This will allow for 4 individuals we support to be part of a team, but the staff members in the team can change to include whoever is working on the date of the activity. You can also log your miles as an individual participant. You can’t count the same miles for individual miles if you have also counted them as part of a team and vice versa. For more information about our five weekly accessible meet up walks in June, go to this webpage or download our invitation here.
Creativity in how you achieve this challenge/goal in honor of Pleasant View’s 50th Anniversary is encouraged. You can walk, use a wheelchair, bike, kayak, jog, run, or any combination of mobile physical activity for 50 miles (no motorized vehicles other than motorized wheelchair). Please keep track of your miles on the 50 Miles for 50 Years June Activity log Click HERE to download and submit it along with photos to be entered into a drawing to win prizes. Text or email pictures with the name of participants, activity, and location to Pam Miller at (540) 560-1134 (email@example.com) and we will share it on our social media. You can also post it to your social media with #PVI50 .
Want to walk in a group? Come to one of our meet-up dates at areas around Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, or Shenandoah County. Let’s see how many ways and how many people we can include in our 50 Miles for 50 Years activities.
- 6/3/2021 Meet-up at 10:00 AM at Heritage Park to walk the pathway together. (Heritage Park 180 Turner Avenue, Broadway, VA 22815) Bottled waters will be provided. This Thursday is Pleasant View day at area Domino’s Pizza restaurants. The first Thursday of each month, Domino’s Pizza donates a percentage of the day’s total to support individuals who have disabilities and Pleasant View. You could order a pizza or sandwich as a nice pick-me-up after the walk.
- 6/11/2021 Meet-up at 1:00 PM at Storybook Trail at Crisman Hollow RD (Link to Directions and more information about the trail) Pleasant View 50th Anniversary string backpacks will be given away on a first come basis while supplies last.
- 6/15/2021 Meet-up at 4:00 PM at Rockingham Park at the Crossroads (1.03 mile loop) located at 1 Rockingham Park Way, Penn Laird, VA 22846. Pleasant View clip-on 50th Anniversary cloths will be handed out on a first come basis while supplies last.
- 6/24/2021 Meet-up at 6:15 PM to walk Bluestone Trail (Park in the lot at the corner of Beery RD and Stone Spring RD below the RMH Wellness Center) Click here for more information about the Bluestone Trail
- Bonus: 6/29/2021 Meet-up at 10:00 AM to walk Luray’s Hawksbill Greenway (click for more information about the greenway). We will meet at the Parking Lot on S. Hawksbill St. Luray near Ruffner Plaza. They have an accessible portable bathroom in the parking lot.
Participants (completing any distance) in the 50 miles for 50 years activities are invited to attend a celebration and awards ceremony at the Harrisonburg Day Support Services building Thursday July 1 at 1:00 PM. The total number of miles logged for June and number of people who participated in contributing to that total will be announced.
Job Opportunities at Pleasant View
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Full or Part-Time
Pleasant View Inc is currently accepting applicants for Part-Time and Full-Time LPNs for all shifts located in Harrisonburg, VA. The LPN will be working at our 15 bed Intermittent Care Facility. LPN will work under the supervision of the Program Manager. $15 – $21 an hour
Direct Support Professional Full-Time
Pleasant View Inc is currently accepting applicants for full-time and part-time Direct Support Professionals for 2nd and 3rd shifts depending on location in Broadway, VA or Harrisonburg, VA. There is a shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift positions.